Monday, September 12, 2016

Manic Monday

After a fun filled weekend helping my in-laws at the Germantown festival, I had to make a run to the processor with our hefty batch of pastured pork, and pick up the last batch! It's a long trip, we left the house at 8:30 and didn't pull in the drive til around 4:30! We stopped once on the side of the road to pee, three times for snacks, and once to get another cooler because 2 hogs filled up the entire truck bed of coolers and then some! While we where out we did do some educational things, like read road signs, meat scales, write weights, and learn how to quickly pack meat in coolers! So nice on days like today, we can take field days! I thought it was fascinating today, while we waited to unload are ethically raised pork, they meat processor was disposing of the interior parts that generally don't get taken home by the customers. It was some what smelly, but they take them somewhere for dog food? So if you pass a some what stinky 18 wheeler dump truck...



Some weeks seem like they just get slammed with things though. I sat down to write a follow up post about my Menu Monday, or whatever I titled the last post but haven't fully summed it up. So far, we are doing fairly well, we have only missed 2 nights menu meals, eating out one of those! I did find a few kinks in the system I should work out better for the next 2 weeks? I'd love some input on a few things, like the grocery list- do I include things like spices, milk, butter, ect.? I have those in my home all the time, and who its almost impossible to calculate cost when you only use 3 tablespoons of flour??


No comments:

Post a Comment